Safe and simple API for the Enterprise
API Gateway Methods simplifies the connection between APIs inside and outside of your company. A control point for API-based communication between internal and external services, API Gateway Methods puts essential policy, access, security, and monitoring into a single software solution.
Configurable Software Solution
Managed Methods API Gateway solves the security, control, policy and monitoring problems for enterprises using inbound and outbound APIs. Available for premise based or cloud installation, the software-only solution installs on Windows or Linux, virtual or physical machines. On premise or in the cloud. The most user-configurable system available, API Gateway Methods can be installed as a proxy, and application server agent, or a passive listener, depending on site requirements.
- Offloads API security, control, and service mediation to a dedicated system
- Gives IT proactive control over API traffic in and out of the company network
- Allows access control, chargeback, auditing and content archive without changes to apps or services
- Creates Virtual APIs to expose REST, SOAP, JMS and SQL via external API
- Non-secure communications between internal and external apps and services
- Development complexity for authentication and key management
- Archive and compliance requirements for messaging with non-secure external systems
- Monitoring and alerting for performance, availability and utilization of APIs, internal and external
Flexible Architecture Options
API Gateway Methods can be installed as a proxy gateway, and agent monitor, or passive discovery listener.
Proxy Gateway. As a proxy destination, the gateway terminates all inbound and initiates new outbound connections. This configuration puts the API Gateway in direct control of all traffic, able to filter and route all API traffic according to a rich set of individual policies for each API.
Agent Monitor. When direct access to the application is required with no proxy, an agent can be installed on the application server for alerting, reporting and archive functions.
Passive Discovery. Without any agent installation or intermediate proxy, the Gateway can be configured for real-time listening on a switch port, to monitor, report and archive API and web service activity. This least intrusive option gives visibility and a completely passive configuration.
- Authentication and access control
- Encryption and intrusion protection
- Content filtering and directory based policies
- Routing, failover and load balancing
- Throttling and SLA enforcement
- Publish Virtual APIs for internal REST, SOAP, JMS and SQL services
- LDAP, Active Directory or custom directory services
- Archive and reporting using any SQL database
- OAuth, SAML or custom authentication
- Secure Token Service (STS)
- Performance, throughput, heartbeat monitoring
- Automated report generation and alert notification
- As a Java application, Managed Methods products can be installed on almost any Windows, Linux or UNIX system
- Java version 6 (JRE 1.6) or higher
- Single virtual core, premise or cloud
- 4Gb memory
- 500 Mb available disk
- Physical or virtual machines including VMware™ and Microsoft Hyper-V™