Boulder, Colo.,—February 19, 2020—ManagedMethods, a leading Google G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 data security and student safety platform for K-12 school districts, today announced the company grew its annual revenue by 213 percent in 2019. Districts now face the challenging task of addressing both cybersecurity and student safety, as the two areas continue to converge, and ManagedMethods is proving to be a trusted platform giving them the visibility and control needed to protect against emerging cyber threats.
“2019 was a momentous year for ManagedMethods, with our platform now protecting over 1 million student and staff accounts in over 600 schools globally,” said Charlie Sander, Chief Executive Officer at ManagedMethods. “With school districts increasingly adopting G Suite and Office 365 for learning and collaboration, it’s evident there is a growing need to protect the students and staff who are storing their sensitive data in these apps. We look forward to building off of 2019’s success and continuing to become a household name in K-12 cybersecurity and student safety.”
ManagedMethods also expanded into additional markets in 2019, both domestically and internationally. The expansion is a testament to the momentum the company experienced over the past year as districts embrace the leading cybersecurity and student safety platform built specifically for the K-12 market.
- U.S. Markets — ManagedMethods has added schools in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and Wisconsin as customers.
- International Markets — ManagedMethods expanded its industry-leading K-12 cybersecurity and safety platform to schools in British Columbia and Queensland, Australia.
“Our mission is to make securing the sensitive information of students and staff stored in G Suite and Office 365 easy and affordable for K-12 schools, and last year we made great strides in helping schools do just that,” said David Waugh, Chief Revenue Officer at ManagedMethods. “2020 is the year where ManagedMethods will make its name in K-12 cybersecurity and student safety. I look forward to seeing the company’s growth first-hand as districts continue to understand the need to secure data in G Suite and Office 365.”
Additional ManagedMethods highlights from 2019 include:
- Increased employee headcount by 71 percent to accommodate company growth.
- Became FERPA, COPPA, and California Student Privacy Certified by iKeepSafe.
- Earned a new certified partnership with Google for Education and became a Microsoft Education Specialist partner.
- Added new resellers, Technology Resource Advisors and K-12 Technology Group, which focus specifically on school districts.
- Named a winner in Tech&Learning’s 2019 Awards of Excellence and the Best Overall IT Solution in the 2019 EdTech Breakthrough Awards.
- Earned additional widespread industry recognition and awards, including “Cloud Security Startup of the Year” by the Cybersecurity Breakthrough Awards, “Emerging Tech Company of the Year” finalist in the Colorado Technology Association’s APEX Awards, and recognition in the Cloud Computing Security Excellence Awards, Cyber Defense Global Awards, Stratus Awards for Cloud Computing, Golden Bridge Awards, Fortress Cybersecurity Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and InfoSec Awards.
ManagedMethods will continue to be a company for the K-12 education market to watch in 2020. The company will be rolling out new features to its G Suite and Office 365 data security and student safety platform, which will give districts further visibility and control of its apps. ManagedMethods will also be announcing new partnerships throughout the year that will strengthen the company’s grasp as a leader in K-12 cybersecurity and safety.