REVISION MARCH, 2019 MANAGEDMETHODS TERMS OF SERVICE PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. THE “MANAGEDMETHODS TERMS OF SERVICE” IS AN AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) ENTERED INTO BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUAL OR CUSTOMER ENTITY (“CUSTOMER”) IDENTIFIED ON ANY ORDER FOR SERVICES (WHETHER FOR TRIAL OR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) REFERENCING THIS AGREEMENT (EACH AN “ORDER”) AND MANAGEDMETHODS, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION WITH OFFICES AT 719 WALNUT STREET, BOULDER, CO 80302 (“MANAGEDMETHODS”) RELATING TO THE MANAGEDMETHODS SERVICES. BY (I) CUSTOMER CLICKING THROUGH THIS AGREEMENT ELECTRONICALLY, (II) THE PARTIES ENTERING INTO AN ORDER REFERENCING THIS AGREEMENT, OR (III) CUSTOMER USING THE SERVICES, CUSTOMER AND MANAGEDMETHODS MUTUALLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREOF INCLUDING, IF APPLICABLE, THE UPGRADE NOTICE ABOVE. EACH ORDER SHALL BE MUTUALLY AGREED TO AND ENTERED INTO BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND MANAGEDMETHODS PROVIDED THAT IF CUSTOMER PURCHASES THE SERVICES THROUGH A MANAGEDMETHODS AUTHORIZED PARTNER (‘RESELLER”), THE ORDER SHALL BE THE ORDER ENTERED INTO BETWEEN MANAGEDMETHODS AND THE RESELLER FOR CUSTOMER’S USE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AS AN AGENT, EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR EMPLOYER: THE TERM “CUSTOMER” MEANS YOUR EMPLOYER AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ACT, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ACT ON SUCH PARTY’S BEHALF. IF YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH MANAGEDMETHODS SPECIFICALLY RELATING TO THE DELIVERY OF THE MANAGEDMETHODS SERVICES, THEN THE TERMS OF THAT AGREEMENT SUPERSEDE ANY CONFLICTING TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
2.1 Services License. ManagedMethods shall provide the Services as described in an Order. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and subject to the payment of any applicable fees, ManagedMethods grants Customer, during the subscription term specified in an Order, a non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense) to access and use the Services for Customer’s internal business purposes in accordance with the Documentation. In connection with such use, Customer shall have the right to allow its employees and contractors (“Authorized Personnel”) to use the Services on Customer’s behalf. ManagedMethods owns all right, title, and interest in its Services and in the ManagedMethods Intellectual Property including without limitation to the Preexisting Intellectual Property. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant Customer any rights in ManagedMethods’ Services beyond those expressly provided for herein.
2.3 Customer Access to the Services. Customer is solely responsible for ensuring that only appropriate Authorized Personnel of Customer have access to the Services, that such Authorized Personnel have been trained in proper use of the Services, and for ensuring proper usage of passwords, tokens, and access procedures. ManagedMethods reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, login IDs that violate the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. Customer agrees to notify ManagedMethods immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of Customer’s account or any other breach of security relating to Customer’s use of the Services.
2.4 Free or Beta Versions of the Services. If Customer is using a free trial or proof of concept version of the Services or a beta version of the Services or a beta version of a specific feature within the service, ManagedMethods makes such Services available to Customer until the earlier of (a) the end of the free trial or proof of concept period or beta testing period as communicated by ManagedMethods, (b) the start date of any purchased version of such Services, or (c) written notice of termination from ManagedMethods. Customer is authorized to use a trial or proof of concept version of the Service only for evaluation and not for any commercial or productive purposes. Any data Customer enters into the Services and any customizations made to the Services by or for Customer during the free trial or proof of concept or during the beta testing period will be permanently lost unless Customer (a) has purchased a subscription to the same Services as covered by the free trial or proof of concept or beta version or (b) exports such data before the end of such free period. There is no guarantee that features or functions of the Service available in a beta version of the Service will be available, or if available will be the same, in the general release version of the Service and Customer should review the Service features and functions before making a purchase.
2.5 Hosting. Customer acknowledges that ManagedMethods’ Services operate on one or more third-party cloud computing platforms and that ManagedMethods shall have the right to change or add to the cloud computing platforms on which its Services operate. ManagedMethods shall ensure that any such third party cloud platform provider(s) are covered by an annual SSAE16 SOC2 Type 2 (or higher standard) audit.
2.6 Third-Party Licensing. Customer shall not, directly or indirectly, use the ManagedMethods Services as follows: (1) to disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, recreate, or use any other means to attempt to discover any source code, algorithms, or trade secrets underlying the Service (except and only to the extent these restrictions are expressly permitted by applicable statutory law); (2) to encumber, sublicense, transfer, distribute, rent, lease, time-share, or use the Service in any service bureau arrangement or otherwise for the benefit of any third party without the prior written consent of ManagedMethods; (3) in a manner that imposes or may impose (as determined by ManagedMethods in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of ManagedMethods (or its third party providers) or beyond the limits of licensed usage (including without limitation the Service specific usage limitations below); (4) in a manner that interferes or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (5) to bypass any privacy settings or measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (6) run mail list, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Service; (7) to use manual or automated software, devices, robot, spider, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” or to retrieve, index, “scrape”, “data mine”, or in any way gather information, content, or other materials from the Service in an unauthorized manner or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service; (8) for purposes other than its intended use as a cloud security solution or in a manner that is inconsistent with the customary use of the Service; (9) to store or transmit viruses or malicious code; (10) to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the ManagedMethods Service or their related systems or networks; (11) in a manner which interferes with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service; (12) use or allow the transmission, transfer, export, reexport, or other transfer of any software, technology or information forming a part of the Service in violation of any export control or other laws and regulations of the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction; or (13) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful.
If you are in material breach of your obligations as set forth, in addition to any of its other rights or remedies set forth in the Agreement or otherwise available at law or in equity, ManagedMethods reserves the right to immediately suspend use of the Service without liability until such breach is cured.
2.7 Use Policy. Customer shall not, directly or indirectly, use the ManagedMethods Services as follows: (1) to disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, recreate, or use any other means to attempt to discover any source code, algorithms, or trade secrets underlying the Service (except and only to the extent these restrictions are expressly permitted by applicable statutory law); (2) to encumber, sublicense, transfer, distribute, rent, lease, time-share, or use the Service in any service bureau arrangement or otherwise for the benefit of any third party without the prior written consent of ManagedMethods; (3) in a manner that imposes or may impose (as determined by ManagedMethods in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of ManagedMethods (or its third party providers) or beyond the limits of licensed usage (including without limitation the Service specific usage limitations below); (4) in a manner that interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (5) to bypass any privacy settings or measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (6) run mail list, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Service; (7) to use manual or automated software, devices, robot, spider, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” or to retrieve, index, “scrape”, “data mine”, or in any way gather information, content or other materials from the Service in an unauthorized manner or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service; (8) for purposes other than its intended use as a cloud security solution or in a manner that is inconsistent with the customary use of the Service; (9) to store or transmit viruses or malicious code; (10) to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the ManagedMethods Service or their related systems or networks; (11) in a manner which interferes with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service; (12) use or allow the transmission, transfer, export, reexport, or other transfer of any software, technology, or information forming a part of the Service in violation of any export control or other laws and regulations of the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction; or (13) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful.
If you are in material breach of your obligations as set forth, in addition to any of its other rights or remedies set forth in the Agreement or otherwise available at law or in equity, ManagedMethods reserves the right to immediately suspend use of the Service without liability until such breach is cured.
3.1 Data Rights. Customer owns all right, title and interest in all data and/or content created or provided by Customer, and in all data derived therefrom (“Customer Data”) excluding the Non-Identifiable Aggregated Data (as defined below). Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant ManagedMethods any rights in Customer Data beyond those expressly provided herein. As between ManagedMethods and Customer, Customer shall retain possession of the Customer Data at all times. ManagedMethods shall implement daily backup of the Customer Data for the purpose of service recovery in the case of service unrecoverable failure, except if Customer specifically requests ManagedMethods to disable ManagedMethods’ automatic backup procedure. Backup files will also be considered Customer Data. Notwithstanding any other restrictions on use of data in this or any other agreement (i) Customer grants ManagedMethods the limited, non-exclusive right to perform an automated content scan of Customer Data stored with Customer’s Cloud Provider solely for the purpose of providing the Services to Customer, (ii) Customer grants ManagedMethods the limited, non-exclusive right to view, modify, collect and use the Customer Data to create meta-data derived from Customer Data (which may include, by way of example, file encryption, file modification dates, audit trails, and the number of times a file has been accessed) (“Customer Meta-Data”), solely for the purpose of providing the Services to Customer (iii) Customer grants ManagedMethods the right to collect and use anonymized generic statistical information derived from such Customer Meta-Data (but not derived from the Customer Data directly) and aggregate it with statistical information from other customers (“Non-Identifiable Aggregated Data”) solely for providing and improving its services, and (iv) Customer agrees that ManagedMethods shall own all right, title, and interest in any such Non-Identifiable Aggregated Data. For purposes of greater clarity, ManagedMethods will not store any Customer Data, except to the extent that it constitutes Customer Meta-Data. As between ManagedMethods and Customer, Customer is solely responsible for the content, quality and accuracy of Customer Data, for securing any necessary approvals for ManagedMethods’ use of the Customer Data as provided for herein, and for ensuring that the Customer Data as made available by Customer complies with applicable laws and regulations. ManagedMethods is not responsible for Customer Data once it leaves the ManagedMethods Service, including by way of example, if Customer downloads a report from the Service to a Customer personal computer.
The App will only use access to read, write, modify or control your G Suite data, including Gmail message bodies (and attachments), metadata, headers, and settings, Drive files, metadata, read access to admin API data such as logins, third party apps to provide the service and will not transfer this data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
The App will not use this data for serving advertisements.
The App will not allow humans to read this data unless ManagedMethods has your affirmative agreement for specific data, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App’s internal operations, and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
For details on how ManagedMethods uses each Google scope, please see here
3.3 Use of Data. ManagedMethods uses the data to set up, administer and provide the ManagedMethods Service for organizations. We may also use the information to contact you to further discuss your interest in our company and the ManagedMethods Service, to send information regarding ManagedMethods or our partners, such as promotions and events, and to respond to your requests for information. At any time, you have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing communications from ManagedMethods, but you may not opt out of administrative emails. ManagedMethods may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help ManagedMethods with our business activities such as payment processing or offering customer service through our live chat service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to ManagedMethods.
If you request to quote or purchase a third party solution on the ManagedMethods platform, ManagedMethods will share with your selected third party or its authorized reseller information required in order to provide such quote or fulfill the purchase of the third party license. Such information may include but not limited to total number of users, total number of files, total amount of data stored, average number of file changes per time period, etc. Except as otherwise described in this document, your email address and personal information will not be distributed or shared with any third parties outside ManagedMethods.
By agreeing to these terms, you grant permission to ManagedMethods personnel to login to your ManagedMethods console to resolve problems or a support ticket. All ManagedMethods logins are tracked and are available for review upon request.
ManagedMethods collects and stores information to monitor and maintain the ManagedMethods Service to you. Such information includes system health and availability, CPU and disk utilization over time, etc. The sole purpose of collecting this data is to monitor the availability of your service and to respond to failures in order to restore the service. ManagedMethods also aggregates anonymized user data, including document and user meta-data, usage and volume statistical information, and other statistics (but not contact information) from our visitors and Users and may provide such anonymous aggregated information to third parties.
Registered Account Information from School/Educators (Name, Address, Billing information, etc.) and Student Information that may be visible during Customer Support/Troubleshooting, including student name, student Email address, file names, creation dates of files, login dates/times and third party applications students use.
Portions of the ManagedMethod Service and the Website contain functions for collecting personal information including names and email addresses as well as an individual’s or account’s access history. We may also collect and track other personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, and the website you visited before visiting our Website or ManagedMethods Services.
If you are using the service as an Educational Institution, student information may be visible during Customer Support and/or Troubleshooting. personally identifiable information such as student name, student email address, file names, creation dates of files, login dates and times, and third party applications which students use could be viewed on our service by Product Support Staff.
If you register to use the ManagedMethods Service or express interest in obtaining additional information, we require you to give us your contact information, such as your name, company name, address, and email address. We may also ask for additional personal information such as title, phone number, department name, or additional company information such as annual revenues, number of employees, or industry. You can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked.
In addition to the above, ManagedMethods may in any event use and disclose information disclosed to it or collected by to the extent required by any law, subpoena, legal process, court, judicial, regulatory, or governmental authority, or if ManagedMethods’ reasonable discretion use or disclosure is necessary to investigate fraud or any threat to the safety of any individual, to protect ManagedMethods’ legal rights or to protect the rights of third parties. In the event that ManagedMethods is involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution, sale of business or assets, or similar event, information disclosed to or collected by ManagedMethods may be transferred to ManagedMethods’ successor, or to the purchaser of such assets, as applicable. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
3.4 Policy towards K-12 education and children. ManagedMethods adheres to the laws of the State of Colorado for Student Data Transparency and Security Act as passed in HB16-1423 and signed into law on June 10, 2016 and the United States Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Regarding FERPA and California AB 1584 (Buchanan) Privacy of Pupil Records: Third Party Digital Storage & Education Software (Education Code section 49073.1), ManagedMethods will abide to the following:
1. Student records obtained by ManagedMethods from an educational institution continue to be the property of and under the control of the educational institution. The educational institution retains full ownership rights to the personal information and education records it provides to ManagedMethods.
2. ManagedMethods does not retain or store user generated content.
4. Parents, legal guardians, or eligible students may review personally identifiable information in the student’s records and correct erroneous information by contacting their educational institution. Additionally, ManagedMethods users may access, correct, update, or delete personal information in their profile by signing into console, accessing their user account, and making the appropriate changes.
5. ManagedMethods is committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of student records. Towards this end, we take the following actions: (a) we limit employee access to student data to only those employees with a need to such access to fulfill their job responsibilities, (b) we conduct background checks on our employees that may have access to student data, (c) we conduct regular employee privacy and data security training and education, and (e) we protect personal information with technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security safeguards in order to protect against unauthorized access, release, or use.
6. In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of a student’s records, ManagedMethods will promptly notify Users unless specifically directed not to provide such notification by law enforcement officials. The notification shall identify (i) the date and nature of the unauthorized use or disclosure, (ii) the Private Data used or disclosed, (iii) general description of what occurred including who made the unauthorized use or received the unauthorized disclosure (iv) what ManagedMethods has done or shall do to mitigate any effect of the unauthorized use or disclosure (v) what corrective action ManagedMethods has taken or shall take to prevent future similar unauthorized use or disclosure, and (vi) who at ManagedMethods the User can contact. ManagedMethods will keep the User fully informed until the incident is resolved.
7. ManagedMethods will delete or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed, upon expiration, or termination of our agreement with an educational institution with any deletion or de-identification to be completed according to the terms of our agreement with the educational institution, or at the direction or request of the educational institution.
8. ManagedMethods agrees to work with educational institutions to ensure compliance with FERPA and the Parties will ensure compliance by providing parents, legal guardians, or eligible students with the ability to inspect and review student records and to correct any inaccuracies therein as described in statement (4) above.
9. ManagedMethods prohibits using personally identifiable information in student records to engage in targeted advertising.
3.5 Security. ManagedMethods follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, the security of Customer Data may be compromised at any time. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personally identifiable information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
If ManagedMethods becomes aware of a systems security breach by an unauthorized party or that any user data was used for an unauthorized purpose, we will comply with relevant state and other data breach laws. We will notify IT administrators of any breach resulting in unauthorized release of data electronically, at minimum, and without unreasonable delay so that you can take appropriate steps. The notification will include the date of the breach, the types of information that were subject to the breach, general description of what occurred, and the steps ManagedMethods is taking to address the breach.
- SUPPORT; UPDATES AND MAINTENANCE. Managed Methods shall make available to Customers who have paid fees for the Service support, updates, and maintenance in accordance with the ManagedMethods Software as a Service License Agreement. If you wish to access, modify, or delete other personal information that you have provided to ManagedMethods, such as your address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact ManagedMethods if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Registered Account Information from School/Educators and the Student Information that may be visible during Customer Support.
- FEES. Fees for the Service are due annually in advance net thirty days from date of invoice unless the Order specifies otherwise. Fees do not include sales, use, value added, or other excise tax. Customer is responsible for payment of all such taxes based on fees paid or payable hereunder (but not taxes based on ManagedMethods’, a third party partner, a Reseller’s gross revenues, or net income) together with any interest on such taxes if not due to ManagedMethods’ or the Reseller’s delay. Delinquent payments may be assessed interest at the rate of one-and-one-half percent per month (or the highest rate permissible by law if less) from the payment due date until paid in full. Fees for the Service are based on “normal usage” of the Service in a manner consistent with its intended purposes and as described in the Documentation. If Customer’s usage is in a manner outside of the intended purposes or otherwise exceeds the quantities listed in the Order or the applicable Service specific usage limits set forth in the ManagedMethods Software as a Service License Agreement, then ManagedMethods reserves the right to require Customer to either comply with such limits or pay an additional mutually agreed fee, not to exceed ManagedMethods’ list price for such additional usage.
- TERM AND RENEWAL.
6.1 Term and Termination of Agreement. This Agreement shall remain in effect unless or until terminated in accordance with the terms hereof. Either party may terminate this Agreement, upon thirty days prior written notice, for any reason, in the event that there is no Order then in effect.
6.2 Term of Order. Each Order shall remain in effect for the term stated in the Order or in the case of a trial, unless otherwise stated in a trial Order, for so long as ManagedMethods determines, unless sooner terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement or the Order.
6.3 Renewal of Order. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, the Initial Term will renew automatically for the renewal period provided on the initial order quotation unless (a) either party notifies the other in writing at least thirty days before the end of the current Term of its intention not to renew the Cloud Service. ManagedMethods will notify you reasonably in advance of any Renewal if there are any fee changes. If you agree with the fee changes, you may do nothing and the new fees will apply for the upcoming Renewal Term. If this Agreement is terminated for any reason, you will pay the fees for the Cloud Service provided up to the effective date of termination.
6.4 Termination or Suspension of an Order. Either party may terminate an Order upon written notice to the other party if the other party materially breaches this Agreement or the Order and fails to cure such breach within thirty days after receiving written notice of such breach. ManagedMethods may terminate an Order and/or suspend the Services upon written notice to Customer if ManagedMethods has not received payment for such Services and if such failure is not cured within thirty days after ManagedMethods provides written notice of such failure.
6.5 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of an Order (i) ManagedMethods will immediately stop Services;, (ii) Customer will have fourteen days after termination to export any existing data, after which ManagedMethods will delete any Customer Data, (iii) each party will use commercially reasonable efforts to return any tangible Confidential Information and destroy any electronic Confidential Information of the other party within its possession or control, Customer acknowledges that, prior to termination and fourteen days after termination, Customer is responsible for exporting any Customer Data to which Customer desires continued access after termination. The provisions of Sections 3, 5, 6.5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15 shall survive termination.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. Each party may have access to information that is confidential or proprietary to the other party and/or its Affiliates. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” means the confidential information of a party and/or its Affiliates which is made available in connection with this Agreement, whether disclosed in written, oral, electronic, visual, or other form, which is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should reasonably be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances surrounding the disclosure, including without limitation information regarding a party’s business, operations, finances, technologies, current and future products and services, pricing, personnel, customer and suppliers and (i) with regard to Customer, the Customer Data and Customer Pre-existing Intellectual Property, and (ii) with regard to ManagedMethods, the Services and ManagedMethods Preexisting Intellectual Property. The receiving party will use the disclosing party’s Confidential Information solely as necessary in connection with the performance of this Agreement. The receiving party shall maintain the confidentiality of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information using at least the same degree of care that such party uses to protect its own Confidential Information of a similar nature, and shall restrict disclosure of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to its employees, consultants, contractors, agents, and representatives who have a need to know such information and are bound by obligations of confidentiality and non-use no less restrictive than those set forth herein; provided, that a party may disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information if required by law and provided the receiving party provides prompt notice of such requirement and disclosure to the other party to the extent allowed by law. Confidential Information excludes information to the extent such information (i) is or becomes part of the public domain through no act or omission of the receiving party, (ii) was in the receiving party’s lawful possession prior to the disclosure and was not obtained directly or indirectly from the disclosing party, (iii) is lawfully disclosed to the receiving party by a third party without restriction on disclosure, or (iv) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the disclosing party’s Confidential Information. In the event that ManagedMethods is involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution, sale of business or assets, or similar event, information disclosed to or collected by ManagedMethods may be transferred to ManagedMethods’ successor, or to the purchaser of such assets, as applicable. You will be notified via email and a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS.
8.1 Limited Services Warranty. ManagedMethods warrants that the Services will perform in substantial conformity with the Documentation. Customer shall be required to report any breach of warranty to ManagedMethods within a period of thirty days of the date on which the incident giving rise to the claim occurred. ManagedMethods’ sole and exclusive liability, and Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, for breach of this warranty will be for ManagedMethods, at its expense, to use reasonable commercial efforts to correct such nonconformity within thirty days of the date that notice of the breach was provided; and, if ManagedMethods fails to correct the breach within such cure period, Customer may terminate the affected Order and, in such event, ManagedMethods shall provide Customer with a pro-rata refund of any unused prepaid fees paid for the period following termination as calculated on a monthly basis.
8.2 Compliance with Laws. Each party shall comply with all applicable, laws and regulations in connection with the performance of its obligations and the exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
8.3 DISCLAIMER. THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES GIVEN BY MANAGEDMETHODS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT. MANAGEDMETHODS DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, FREE OF DEFECT OR ERROR, NON-INFRINGING, OR FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MANAGEDMETHODS DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, MANAGEDMETHODS MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER TO CUSTOMERS USING A FREE OR TRIAL OR BETA VERSION OF THE SERVICES (“NONPAYING CUSTOMERS”) OR USING ANY COMPONENT OF THE SERVICE THAT IS IDENTIFIED BY MANAGEDMETHODS AS A SAMPLE OR ANY SAMPLE REFERENCED IN THE DOCUMENTATION, AND PROVIDES SUCH SERVICES TO NONPAYING CUSTOMERS AND ALL SAMPLES “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT IF API’S ARE SUPPLIED WITH THE SERVICE, THEN SUCH API’S ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ASSUMES THE ASSOCIATED RISKS OF USING API’S FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT ITS PURCHASES HEREUNDER ARE FOR THE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE SERVICES AND ARE NEITHER CONTINGENT ON THE DELIVERY OF ANY FUTURE FUNCTIONALITY OR FEATURES NOR DEPENDENT ON ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENTS MADE BY MANAGEDMETHODS REGARDING FUTURE FUNCTIONALITY OR FEATURES.
9.1 Services Indemnity. ManagedMethods shall defend, at its expense, any claim, action or proceeding (“Claim”) brought by a third party against Customer and/or its Affiliates and their officers, directors and employees (the “Customer Indemnified Parties”) arising from an alleged infringement or violation by the Services of a third party’s patent, copyright, or trade secret, and shall indemnify and hold the Customer Indemnified Parties harmless against all damages and costs finally awarded against the Customer Indemnified Parties in connection with such Claim; provided that ManagedMethods shall not be responsible for any Claim to the extent arising from (i) use of the Services in violation of the terms of this Agreement, or (ii) use of the Services in combination with software, hardware, systems, or data provided or controlled by Customer or a third party to the extent the Claim would not have arisen but for such combination. If the Services become, or in ManagedMethods’ opinion are likely to become, the subject of a valid claim of infringement or the like under any patent, copyright, or trade secret law, Managed Methods shall have the right, at its option and expense, either to (i) obtain for Customer a license permitting the continued use of the Services, (ii) replace or modify the Services so that they become non-infringing, or (iii) if neither of the foregoing options are available in a timely manner on commercially reasonable terms, terminate the affected Order and provide Customer with a pro-rata refund of any unused prepaid fees paid for the period following termination as calculated on a monthly basis. The indemnification obligations of ManagedMethods in this Section are not applicable to Nonpaying Customers.
9.2 Customer Data and Use Indemnity. Customer shall defend, at its expense, any Claim brought by a third party against ManagedMethods and/or its Affiliates or their officers, directors and employees (the “ManagedMethods Indemnified Parties”) arising from an alleged infringement or violation by the Customer Data of a third party patent, copyright or trade secret, or ManagedMethods’ use of the Customer Data in accordance with the terms of this Agreement; and Customer shall indemnify and hold the ManagedMethods Indemnified Parties harmless against all damages and costs awarded against the ManagedMethods Indemnified Parties in connection with such Claim.
9.3 Indemnification Process and Exclusivity. The indemnifying party shall have sole control over the defense and settlement of any claim for which it has provided indemnity; provided that the indemnified party shall have the right to provide for its separate defense at its own expense. The indemnified party shall give prompt notice of any claim for which indemnity is sought and shall cooperate in defending against such claim at the indemnifying party’s expense. The rights and remedies set forth in this Section 9 state a party’s sole and exclusive liability and the other party’s sole and exclusive rights and remedies with regard to any third party claim for infringement or violation of a third party’s intellectual property.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, TORT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO SOFTWARE OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES FURNISHED HEREUNDER, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES INCURRED BY A PARTY WHICH ARE PAYABLE TO A THIRD PARTY AS PART OF AN INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT FOR A PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE FEES PAID AND PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER TO MANAGEDMETHODS FOR THE THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM OF THE ORDER TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS PARAGRAPH APPLY WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), UNDER STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. HOWEVER, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR ANY ORDER, NO EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ANY LIABILITY BASED ON FRAUD OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS; EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. If Customer is an agency or contractor of the United States Government, Customer acknowledges and agrees that (a) the Services (including any software forming a part thereof) were developed entirely at private expense, (b) the Services (including any software forming a part thereof) in all respects constitute proprietary data belonging solely to ManagedMethods, (c) the Services (including any software forming a part thereof) are not in the public domain, and (d) the software forming a part of the Services is “Commercial Computer Software” as defined in sub-paragraph (a)(1) of DFAR Section 252.227-7014 or FAR Part 12.212. Customer agrees not to store or process any data that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the United States Department of State. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list. Customer shall not permit access to or use of the Services in any U.S. embargoed country or in violation of any U.S. export laws or regulations.
- PUBLICITY. Neither party shall use any of the Marks or other trademarks of the other party in any public manner without the party’s prior written consent. Subject to written consent and to the limitations set forth within such consent, either party may use the other party’s name and/or logo (the “Marks”) on its website, customer or vendor list (as applicable) or other marketing materials to refer to the relationship between the parties pursuant to this Agreement. All such use shall be in accordance with the usage policies and guidelines of the party owning the Marks and provided in writing to the other party. If the owner of the Marks objects to any such use or wishes to revoke its permission to use its Marks hereunder, the other party shall cease any such use promptly after receiving notification. Neither party’s use of the other party’s Marks implies or confers any endorsement by either party.
- SERVICE SUGGESTIONS. If Customer provides ManagedMethods with ideas or suggestions for improvements or changes to the Service (“Suggestions”), Customer hereby assigns to ManagedMethods ownership of such Suggestions and ManagedMethods will have sole discretion as to whether and how to implement such Suggestions into the Service.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS.
15.1 Notices. All notices under this Agreement shall be made in writing and delivered to each party at the address under its signature hereto. Notices shall be deemed delivered (i) upon personal delivery with signature required, (ii) one Business Day after they have been sent to the recipient by reputable overnight courier service (charges prepaid and signature required), or (iii) upon successful transmission of an email containing such notice if sent between nine a.m. and five p.m., local time of the recipient, on any Business Day, and as of nine a.m. local time of the recipient on the next Business Day if sent at any other time, or (iv) three Business Days after deposit in the mail. “Business Day” as used in this Section 15.1 shall mean any day other than Saturday, Sunday or a day on which banks are required or authorized by law to be closed in the city of Boulder, Colorado, USA.
15.2 Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including all Orders and any exhibits or attachments referenced herein, represent the entire agreement between Customer and ManagedMethods with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior proposals, representations and agreements, whether written or oral, with respect thereto. This Agreement shall govern with respect to all Orders and forms of purchases, whether submitted through electronic transmissions or otherwise, unless otherwise agreed by both parties in writing. Unless the Order expressly amends this Agreement, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall take precedence over any conflicting terms in the Order. Any waiver, amendment, or modification of any right or remedy, in whole or in part under this Agreement, or any additional or different terms in any purchase orders, acknowledgments or other documents other than the Order, will not be effective unless expressly agreed to by both parties in writing or electronic form. If Customer issues a purchase order in connection with an Order, such purchase order shall be solely for Customer’s internal administrative purposes and to facilitate payment. In no event shall the terms of such purchase order modify or become part of these Terms of Service or become binding on ManagedMethods even if ManagedMethods signs an acknowledgment copy of such purchase order.
15.3 Assignment and Subcontractors. Except as expressly provided for herein, this Agreement may not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party, including by reason of a change of control or by operation of law. ManagedMethods may assign this Agreement, without consent, in whole (but not in part), to a successor in interest to its business including in connection with a change of control, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or similar transaction. ManagedMethods may use subcontractors in connection with the performance of the Services provided that it shall be responsible for the acts and omissions of its subcontractors to the same extent as it would be responsible hereunder for its own acts and omissions. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon the permitted successors and assigns of each party.
15.4 Governing Law. The terms of this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its principles of conflict of law or the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (“UCITA”) will not apply to this Agreement regardless of when and howsoever adopted, enacted and further amended under the governing state laws.
15.5 Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable for any breach of this Agreement to the extent that such breach arises from factors outside its reasonable control. Customer’s subscription to the Services is predicated on Customer’s use of cloud computing services provided by a third party cloud service provider, and ManagedMethods will not be responsible for the acts or omissions of Customer’s cloud service provider.
15.6 Severability. It is intended that this Agreement shall not violate any applicable law and the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision (other than the provisions obligating Customer to make payments to ManagedMethods) shall not affect the force and validity of the remaining provisions and such provisions determined to be invalid shall be deemed severed from this Agreement and, to the extent possible, be replaced with terms which as closely as possible approximate the interest and economic intent of such invalid provisions.